Labor / Employment Law in Troy, MI
How do you terminate problem employees?
Employers: Are you facing any of the following expensive problems?
- Are you a “just cause” or “at will” employer?
- Do you fire an employee outright, or use a stepped disciplinary procedure?
- Leave requests; lost time from the workplace; habitual tardiness
- Back pay
- Front (or future) pay
- Overtime pay: Identify the key factors in exempt vs. non-exempt employees
- Reinstatement of fired employees
- Unemployment compensation claims
- Employment litigation / arbitration / ADR?
- Does a candidate have an existing non-compete agreement? Do you hire them?
Employers must successfully navigate these distracting issues regarding hiring, firing, layoff, ACA (Obamacare), ADA, FMLA, and COBRA issues, employee benefits, social media matters and day-to-day communications. These problems divert our Employer’s attention from important business operations. Our labor law team can help you effectively sort through the legal labyrinth of today’s complex employment environment.
See 13 Common Employment Discipline Pitfalls for Employers. These pitfalls do not mean your employee will be successful in pursuing litigation, but increase the likelihood the employees will pursue litigation that is costly and time consuming for you, the Employer. Awareness is the first key to avoiding problems.
Call 248.220.6424 or email email@example.com for a consultation.
The Zeigler Law team has over 37 years of employment and labor law experience to represent Employers in State and Federal Courts, before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Department of Labor, National Labor Relations Board, and the Michigan Administrative Hearing System and other State and Federal agencies.
Zeigler Townley P.C. provides guidance for all aspects of management and labor relations so our clients can operate their businesses as smoothly as possible.
Our Labor/Employment practice areas include:
- Employer / Employee / Management / Union
- Discrimination / Harassment / Whistle Blower
- NLRB / EEOC / MERC / ADA / FMLA
- Separation / Severance / Wrongful Termination
- Wage Hour / Overtime / FLSA
- COBRA / HIPAA
- Employee Handbooks
- Unemployment Compensation
Clear and Concise
For someone that has never been down a path where I needed to turn to legal guidance, my consult with Bruce Townley was extremely beneficial under my circumstances. No one truly understands their civil rights until it comes down to a personal situation. Bruce was extremely concise and dependable. I felt from my first impression, Zeigler & Associates P.C. Inc. was very reliable from the time they called to confirm my consult to a day prior to my initial appointment time. Upon my arrival, I was greeted right away and Bruce and I met. Efficient time and understanding was what I was given and the proper steps to start the process of my circumstance. I can appreciate that especially when Bruce took the time to educate me on a subject matter that is not in my expertise. I left with no doubt about my next move, and clear understandings. Thank you kindly and I look forward to the outcome, should I ever have to give a reference.. I would recommend Zeigler & Associates P.C.
These guys know their stuff! I was able to easily maneuver through some legal issues by hiring them! Their vast knowledge in business and personal law helped me seamlessly win my case without a lengthy trial process. Highly recommended!
We met with Bruce and were very satisfied with the service that we received. We would recommend him to friends and family members.
Zeigler & Associates is a great law firm
The epitome of perfection in regards to an excellent attorney experience
Selecting an attorney was a challenging, and emotionally process. I needed someone of superior caliber who would aggressively represent my best interests at all times. This attorney ended up being none other than Mr. Matt Zeigler. Through his what seemed like unlimited amount of knowledge, and expertise I was able to recover lost assets, and settle a challenging, and complex case in a reasonable amount of time in addition to sealing all records. Matt is someone who is relentless in his pursuit of Justice. Look no further than Matt Zeigler when selecting a respected attorney.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
- 1976: Admitted To State Bar Of Michigan And All Michigan Courts
- Active Duty, United States Army, 1967-1970
- 23rd Admin Company
- Chu Lai, RVN
- Honorable Discharge; 1969-1970: Republic Of Vietnam
- 1976: Admitted To Practice Before The U.S. District Court For The Eastern District Of Michigan
- 1979: Admitted To Practice Before The U.S. Court Of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- 1991: Admitted To Practice Before The U.S. District Court For The Western District Of Michigan
- 1992: Admitted To Practice Before The U.S. Court Of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- 1996: Admitted To Practice Before The U.S. Tax Court
- 2007: Admitted To Practice, Pro Hac Vice, Before The U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern Dist Of New York
- 1979: Admitted To Practice Before The U.S. Supreme Court